At the medium-high setting, heat the oil to 375 degrees (depending on the amount of oil, outside temperature and wind conditions, this should take about 40-plus minutes).
How long do you deep fry a turkey at 375 degrees?
Deep Frying Tips:
- Preheat oil to 375°F (190°C). …
- Using oven mitts and a turkey basket or holder, CAREFULLY lower the turkey into the oil. …
- Estimate 3 minutes per pound – a 10 lb turkey takes approximately 30 minutes to deep-fry.
Can you fry a turkey at 375?
Our Best Turkey Tips
The Test Kitchen agrees that 375℉ is the best temperature to cook a turkey, because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and cooks quickly enough to ensure that a juicy, flavorful bird is ready by dinnertime.
How long should I fry a 10 pound turkey?
Lower the turkey carefully into the oil without dropping it. Turn the burner back on. Cook the turkey about 4 to 5 minutes per pound. For example, a 10 pound turkey will need to cook for approximately 40 to 50 minutes.
How long do you fry a 12 pound turkey?
A deep-fried turkey typically requires 3 1/2 minutes per pound, so a 12- to 14-pound bird will take 40 to 50 minutes to reach 165°F. When checking the bird’s internal temperature, use the hook that attaches to the poultry rack to slowly lift the turkey from the oil.
Do you fry a turkey at 325 or 350?
The optimum cooking temperature for deep-frying the turkey is 350ºF. … When the temperature of the oil has returned to a range of 325° to 350°F, the cooking process should be timed.
Can you deep-fry a turkey at 325 degrees?
Heat oil in pot (allow enough room in pot for turkey to be placed, too much oil will cause overflow), bring oil to at least 375 degrees F. Placement of turkey will bring temperature down and you will want to keep temperature at 325 degrees F. … Cook turkey until golden brown, about 4 minutes per pound.
How long does it take to cook a 20lb turkey at 375?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. …
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. …
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices. …
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How long do you cook turkey at 350 degrees?
10. Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
What temperature do you deep fry a turkey at?
When cooking turkey parts, oil temperature should be 325° F; may take 4 to 5 minutes per pound to reach the recommended temperatures (dark meat to an internal temperature of 175° F to 180° F, and white meat to an internal temperature of 165° F to 170° F). You’ll need 2.5-3 gallons of oil.