In Louisiana, crawfish boils are usually spread out on long picnic tables covered in newspaper, with only an occasional side that hasn’t been boiled with the seafood. If you’re entertaining vegetarians or non-shellfish eaters, consider bowls of red beans and rice, gumbo or jambalaya.
What side dishes go with seafood boil?
Side dishes to serve with a shrimp boil
- Cornbread: Try Homemade Cornbread, Cornbread Muffins or Vegan Cornbread.
- Popovers: These Popovers are easy and always a winner. …
- Coleslaw: This Best Coleslaw is a crunchy, fresh counterpoint.
What appetizer goes with a seafood boil?
Make baked artichoke & crab dip for an appetizer that incorporates more coastal flavor. Hummus is always a crowd please’r and serving it with crudites makes it easy to add in more veggies to the menu.
What dessert goes with crawfish boil?
Ending with the best ever Bourbon Bread Pudding.
How do you purge crawfish?
- One thing to remember is that crawfish are also called crawfish mud-bugs.
- The cardinal rule is to purge and thoroughly wash the crawfish before boiling them. Pour the sack of live crawfish in a plastic children’s pool, large tub, or a large ice chest. …
- Be careful not to let them purge too long.
How do you set up a crawfish boil?
- 1 Fill an 80-quart crawfish boiling pot with a basket 1/3 to 1/2 with water. Place pot on a jet-style propane burner on high heat. …
- 2 Bring to full rolling boil. Stir in Crab Boil Complete. …
- 3 Return water to full rolling boil on high heat. Add crawfish, celery, liquid Crab Boil and Crab Boil bag.
What do you serve with a Low Country Boil?
A Low Country Boil can be served as a stand alone main course, but some people prefer to add more side dishes to round out the meal. Some great options include a tossed green salad, sliced french or sourdough bread, coleslaw or a creamy potato salad.
What cocktail goes with seafood boil?
Non-alcohol drinks such as strawberry lemonade, iced tea, or carbonated beverages such as ginger ale or sparkling water are great with your meal. Just remember to try to avoid any drink that is too sweet, so the taste of your food isn’t overwhelmed by the sugar.
What alcohol goes with seafood boil?
White wine is the go-to choice for pairing with seafood. Similar to a squeeze of lemon, dry white wine adds splashes of citrus and a bit of sweetness to buttery, briny seafood.
2. White Wine
- Chenin blanc.
- Pinot grigio.
- Sauvignon blanc.
What beer goes with seafood boil?
IPA (Indian Pale Ale) – The recommended IPA beer is the Two Hearted Ale by Bell’s Brewing Company. It has a strong citrus taste, floral aroma and hoppy undertones, which create a smooth tasting beer that works as a perfect flavor foil to the spices traditionally used in a Louisiana crawfish boil.
What dessert goes well with seafood boil?
17 Desserts That Go With Seafood
- Fruit Kebabs. Fruits are not the most exciting dessert, especially for kids. …
- Heaven on Earth Cake. Whoever coined this dessert is 100% on point. …
- Bananas Foster. …
- Lemon Cheesecake. …
- Orange Upside Down Cake. …
- Lemon Pudding Cake. …
- Strawberry Shortcake. …
- Jello Salad.
What dessert goes best with seafood?
Desserts That Go Well with Seafood
- Blueberry pie. Maine is known for it’s blueberry pie so it goes hand in hand as the ending to a lobster course or other seafood dish. …
- Whoopie pie. This chocolate cake surrounding vanilla cream is another speciality dessert item tied to Maine. …
- Key lime pie. …
- Chocolate mousse. …
- Fruit tarts.
What dessert goes with seafood boil?
Because seafood like crab and shrimp is usually coated in a salty seasoning like Old Bay, it can be a smart idea to pair the entree with something sweet. Salty and sweet are classic combinations that are sure to excite your tastebuds. It’s why salted caramel is so good!