A Low Country Boil can be served as a stand alone main course, but some people prefer to add more side dishes to round out the meal. Some great options include a tossed green salad, sliced french or sourdough bread, coleslaw or a creamy potato salad.
What side goes with Low Country Boil?
Side dishes to serve with a shrimp boil
- Cornbread: Try Homemade Cornbread, Cornbread Muffins or Vegan Cornbread.
- Popovers: These Popovers are easy and always a winner. …
- Coleslaw: This Best Coleslaw is a crunchy, fresh counterpoint.
What is a good side dish for crab boil?
What’s a good side dish for crab boil?
- Steamed Artichokes with Garlic and Butter.
- Cottage-Cut French Fries.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
- Lemon and Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce.
- Brandy-Infused Mayonnaise Dip.
- Twice-Baked Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
- Zucchini, Onion and Corn Hash.
- Almond Caesar Salad.
What are good side dishes for a crawfish boil?
Prep the sides
In Louisiana, crawfish boils are usually spread out on long picnic tables covered in newspaper, with only an occasional side that hasn’t been boiled with the seafood. If you’re entertaining vegetarians or non-shellfish eaters, consider bowls of red beans and rice, gumbo or jambalaya.
What sides to serve with Frogmore stew?
Sides to Serve with Frogmore Stew
Serve the Lowcountry Boil with homemade coleslaw; tomato, cucumber and onion salad; cucumber salad; hush puppies; hoe cakes; or skillet cornbread.
What do you drink with seafood boil?
Non-alcohol drinks such as strawberry lemonade, iced tea, or carbonated beverages such as ginger ale or sparkling water are great with your meal. Just remember to try to avoid any drink that is too sweet, so the taste of your food isn’t overwhelmed by the sugar.
What appetizer goes with a seafood boil?
Make baked artichoke & crab dip for an appetizer that incorporates more coastal flavor. Hummus is always a crowd please’r and serving it with crudites makes it easy to add in more veggies to the menu.
What vegetables go well with crab?
Some of the best vegetables to pair are asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers and onions. Roasting them will caramelize them and bring out the natural sweetness that will pair so well with crab. This side dish can be served with warm or cold crab.
What is the difference between Low Country Boil and Frogmore stew?
They’re from the same ‘DNA’ just from different locations. According to Trip Advisor, “Low Country Boil and Frogmore Stew is one and the same. Frogmore is a little area in SC between Savannah and Charleston. Typically it will consist of potatoes, Sausage, corn, onions and shrimp boiled in a crab boil season.
What goes with peel and eat shrimp?
Keep reading for the 14 most spectacular side dishes to serve with shrimp.
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus. Asparagus is a healthy but delicious veggie that goes with almost any main dish. …
- Macaroni Salad. …
- Pesto Zoodles. …
- Greek Veggie Salad. …
- Grilled Kabobs. …
- Couscous Primavera. …
- Mango Guacamole. …
- Pascagoula Potato Salad.
What goes good with steamed shrimp?
What Goes with Shrimp? 45 Sides To Eat with This Shellfish
- Burrata Salad with Stone Fruit and Asparagus. …
- Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables. …
- Ginger Jasmine Rice. …
- Patatas Bravas with Saffron Aioli. …
- Seasoned Steamed Eggplant. …
- Pan-Roasted Broccoli ‘Steaks’ with Garlic-Sesame Vinaigrette. …
- Cast-Iron Cornbread.