Do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 or 350?
turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3-3 3/4 hr. For a 28-30 lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hr. Times are for unstuffed birds. A stuffed bird may cook at the same rate as an unstuffed one; however, be prepared to allow 30 to 50 minutes longer.
How long does it take for a stuffed turkey to cook?
2. Mix stuffing and lightly fill cavity. Allow 1/2 to 3/4 cup stuffing per pound of turkey.
Stuffed Roast Turkey.
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|20 to 24 pounds||4 1/2 to 5 hours|
|8 to 12 pounds||3 to 3 1/2 hours|
How long do you have to cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
Calculate turkey cooking time and temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb. turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long does it take to cook a stuffed turkey at 375 degrees?
- Preparing the bird – Heat oven to 375 degrees. …
- Cooking the bird – Estimate 12-15 minutes per pound for stuffed turkeys. …
- Testing for doneness – You can either test by checking the temperature or checking the color of the juices. …
- Finishing off – Remove bird from the oven.
How long does it take to cook a 13 pound stuffed turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound at 325 degrees?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Assuming you are roasting your turkey in a 325°F oven, plan on 15 to 17 minutes of cooking time for each pound of an unstuffed turkey. Plan on 20 to 22 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do you need to cook a 14 lb turkey?
How Long to Roast a Turkey:
- 4 to 8 pounds (breast only): 1 1/2 to 3 1/4 hours.
- 8 to 12 pounds: 2 3/4 to 3 hours.
- 12 to 14 pounds: 3 to 3 3/4 hours.
- 14 to 18 pounds: 3 3/4 to 4 1/4 hours.
- 18 to 20 pounds: 4 1/4 to 4 1/2 hours.
- 20 to 24 pounds: 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
How long does it take to cook a 16 pound Butterball turkey?
16-18 lbs. – 2 1/4-2 1/2 hrs. / 3 1/4-4 hrs. / 2-2 1/2 hrs. Turkey breasts cook up tender and delicious, and are easy to roast when you follow these instructions: Preheat oven to 325° F.
Do you cook the stuffing before putting it in turkey?
All stuffing ingredients – meat, vegetables, etc. – should be cooked before they are placed inside the turkey. … A: Stuff both the neck and the body cavities, using about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of stuffing per pound of turkey. It should not be packed in – any extra can bake alongside in a separate dish.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 350?
A stuffed turkey takes longer to cook than an unstuffed turkey. Roast a stuffed turkey for 15 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F. It is important to check the temperature of the stuffing; it should be 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) when you insert the thermometer into the center of the stuffing.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound stuffed Butterball turkey?
If the turkey is stuffed and a convection oven is being used, cooking times change to:
- 6-10 pounds: 1¾-2½ hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2½-3¼ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 3¼-3¾ hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3¾-4¼ hours.
How long does it take to cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil to prevent drying. Do not cover. Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
How long does it take to cook an unstuffed 20 pound turkey?
For example, a 20 pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook, check the temperature on the thermometer after 4 1/4 hours. 4. Meanwhile, mix the stuffing or dressing. Place in a casserole and pop it into the oven during the last hour or so of roasting time.
Can you bake a turkey at 375?
The Test Kitchen agrees that 375℉ is the best temperature to cook a turkey, because it’s not too hot, not too cold, and cooks quickly enough to ensure that a juicy, flavorful bird is ready by dinnertime.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Unsure how long you’re supposed to leave the bird in the oven? If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.